Both International and the District offer scholarship opportunities for our members.
The district will be offering two scholarships with the support of the Ohio District Kiwanis Foundation. The two scholarships will be presented at the Ohio Circle K District Convention March 19th to 20th, 2022 in the amounts of $500 and $1,000. The application will be made available with registration soon!
But, while you wait for that release check out the qualifications and things you will need to submit:
- Be a member in good standing with their home club, the Ohio District, and Circle K International.
- Have full-time status the academic year the scholarship is awarded and the semester following.
- Be enrolled in good standing with said college or university and have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Current elected District Board members of the Ohio District of Circle K International or International Board members are not eligible.
All applicants must submit ALL the following and have all signatures needed to be eligible.
- Official application form
- One (1) letter of recommendation from one of the following: Kiwanis advisor, Faculty advisor or professor
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a fellow Circle K member
- An official college or university transcript
- A letter of verification indicating full time status from the Office of the Registrar or the Office of the Dean of Students
- A typed, double spaced essay written by the applicant (shall not exceed 3 pages). Please remember the quality of the essay is more important than the number of pages you write. The topic is as follows:
- Circle K is an organization dedicated to the ideals of service, leadership, and fellowship; Community service is the most visible of the three ideals. How does the ideal of leadership serve the members of Circle K International? What benefit does it provide to the individual member, and how has it affected you personally?
Through the Kiwanis Children’s Fund, International is able to offer CKI members in good standing scholarships to help with tuition, book costs, room and board, etc. This year, there are three unique scholarships that members can earn.
Kiwanis Children’s Fund Scholarship: The Kiwanis Children’s Fund Scholarship is made possible by donations made in memory of J. Walker Field, David W. Hancock, Harry S. Himmel, Andrew Reardon, Stephen A. Sapaugh, Florence Skomba, and Robert Thal. These donations were made to provide one scholarship opportunity to a deserving member in good standing of Circle K International.
Amount awarded: Two (2) scholarships will be awarded with a minimum award amount of US$2,500 each. Exact amount will be determined closer to the award date.
John E. Mayfield Circle K Scholarship: Former Kiwanis Children’s Fund President John E. Mayfield was a generous philanthropist and enthusiastic supporter of Kiwanis and the Children’s Fund. He established the John E. Mayfield Circle K Scholarship Fund in 2015. John died in 2017, but his good works continue. Only students with a GPA above 2.5 on a 4.0 scale are eligible.
Amount awarded: Minimum amount awarded US$1,400. Exact amount will be determined closer to the award date.
Circle K International Past Presidents’ Scholarship: The Circle K International Past Presidents’ Scholarship was created in 1990 to recognize current club presidents who have demonstrated excellence and dedication to CKI. It is given every year to one current club president.
Amount awarded: US$1,000